Don't knock the Philly cheesesteak until you try it, or ding the Liberty Bell for its structural flaws: the City of Brotherly Love has nothing but love for revolutionary notions from Germantown's Underground Railroad stops to South Street's trash-paved Magic Gardens. It's all right, give in to the impulse to copy Rocky's triumphant jog up the up the Philadelphia Art Museum steps.
Getting Around Philadelphia
The best way to get around Philadelphia is by walking. The city's extensive bus, trolley, subway and train system is useful for cross-town adventures. An $11 day pass makes the most sense for visitors.
- Philadelphia International Airport-PHL
- $28.50-flat rate to Central Philadelphia
Things to Do and See in Philadelphia
- Citizens Bank Park
- Eastern State Penitentiary
- Barnes Foundation
- University of Pennsylvania
- Christ Church
- Boathouse Row
- Fairmount Park
- Cathedral Basilica of Sts. Peter and Paul
- Independence National Historical Park
- Independence Hall