Avenue of the Arts is the hub of cultural and artistic events in Philadelphia. Located on Broad Street around the majestic City Hall, the name "Avenue of the Arts" was coined in the early 90s by then-mayor Rendell. Theaters and art instiutions along the Avenue of the Arts include the Kimmel Center, Academy of Music, University of the Arts, PA Academy of Fine Arts and the Wilma Theater. Be sure to take a stroll through City Hall and see its beautiful artisan masonry.
Getting Around Philadelphia
The best way to get around Philadelphia is by walking. The city's extensive bus, trolley, subway and train system is useful for cross-town adventures. An $11 day pass makes the most sense for visitors.
- Philadelphia International Airport-PHL
- $28.50-flat rate to Central Philadelphia
Things to Do and See Near Avenue of the Arts
- Citizens Bank Park
- Eastern State Penitentiary
- Barnes Foundation
- University of Pennsylvania
- Christ Church
- Boathouse Row
- Fairmount Park
- Cathedral Basilica of Sts. Peter and Paul
- Independence National Historical Park
- Independence Hall