Near Chinatown, Callowhill is a popular district for loft-style housing in converted factories and mills. While Callowhill was a busy neighborhood in pre-Revolutionary America, today it is mainly known as the former home of Monopoly's Reading Railroad. Stop by and see who's playing at Union Transfer, a former railroad building-turned-concert hall, then head over to the Prohibition Taproom for some quality drafts and beer-battered green beans.
Getting Around Philadelphia
The best way to get around Philadelphia is by walking. The city's extensive bus, trolley, subway and train system is useful for cross-town adventures. An $11 day pass makes the most sense for visitors.
- Philadelphia International Airport-PHL
- $28.50-flat rate to Central Philadelphia
Things to Do and See Near Callowhill
- Citizens Bank Park
- Eastern State Penitentiary
- Barnes Foundation
- University of Pennsylvania
- Christ Church
- Boathouse Row
- Fairmount Park
- Cathedral Basilica of Sts. Peter and Paul
- Independence National Historical Park
- Independence Hall