Historic Germantown was the original suburb of Philadelphia. Along Germantown's cobblestone streets are more than 20 registered historic sites and national landmarks, including the site of the Battle of Germantown at Cliveden House and John Johnson House, a stop on the Underground Railroad. Between landmarks, grab a bite at Earth Bread + Brewery. Germantown was home to notable Philadelphians like Louisa May Alcott, Charles Wilson Peale, Patti Smith and Bill Cosby.
Getting Around Philadelphia
The best way to get around Philadelphia is by walking. The city's extensive bus, trolley, subway and train system is useful for cross-town adventures. An $11 day pass makes the most sense for visitors.
- Philadelphia International Airport-PHL
- $28.50-flat rate to Central Philadelphia
Things to Do and See Near Germantown
- Citizens Bank Park
- Eastern State Penitentiary
- Barnes Foundation
- University of Pennsylvania
- Christ Church
- Boathouse Row
- Fairmount Park
- Cathedral Basilica of Sts. Peter and Paul
- Independence National Historical Park
- Independence Hall