Kensington is a neighborhood in transition, but still recognizable as the colorful backdrop for films like Rocky and Twelve Monkeys. New shops and industrial loft spaces are opening, and its ethnic eateries are thriving. Grab memorable kielbasa sausage from Czerw's Kielbasy, or try the classic Philly "tomato pie" at Tacconelli's Pizzeria, or take on the deep fried pickles from Memphis Taproom.
Getting Around Philadelphia
The best way to get around Philadelphia is by walking. The city's extensive bus, trolley, subway and train system is useful for cross-town adventures. An $11 day pass makes the most sense for visitors.
- Philadelphia International Airport-PHL
- $28.50-flat rate to Central Philadelphia
Things to Do and See Near Kensington
- Citizens Bank Park
- Eastern State Penitentiary
- Barnes Foundation
- University of Pennsylvania
- Christ Church
- Boathouse Row
- Fairmount Park
- Cathedral Basilica of Sts. Peter and Paul
- Independence National Historical Park
- Independence Hall