Manayunk literally means "place to drink" because of its location right on the Schuylkill River, but you can also grab a drink at the Manayunk Brewery. Manayunk's Main Street is home to dozens of boutiques, bars, and restaurants. By day, take a stroll along Main Street; by night, hit up Manayunk's famous nightlife at Cooper's Wine Bar or Kildare's. After you've hit the bars, head up to neighboring Roxborough for a Delassandro's Cheesesteak.
Getting Around Philadelphia
The best way to get around Philadelphia is by walking. The city's extensive bus, trolley, subway and train system is useful for cross-town adventures. An $11 day pass makes the most sense for visitors.
- Philadelphia International Airport-PHL
- $28.50-flat rate to Central Philadelphia
Things to Do and See Near Manayunk
- Citizens Bank Park
- Eastern State Penitentiary
- Barnes Foundation
- University of Pennsylvania
- Christ Church
- Boathouse Row
- Fairmount Park
- Cathedral Basilica of Sts. Peter and Paul
- Independence National Historical Park
- Independence Hall