Shoppers find Nirvana at Market East, Philadelphia's signature retail zone. First up is famous Reading Terminal Market, a full indoor farmer's market. Here you'll find flowers, kitchenware and some of Philly's most famous food, including Pennsylvania Dutch buttered pretzels and Bassett's ice cream. For prime window-shopping, check out the dazzling jewelry-store displays along Market and Chestnut and the showcase windows at Macy's, located in the vintage Wanamaker's department store building.
Getting Around Philadelphia
The best way to get around Philadelphia is by walking. The city's extensive bus, trolley, subway and train system is useful for cross-town adventures. An $11 day pass makes the most sense for visitors.
- Philadelphia International Airport-PHL
- $28.50-flat rate to Central Philadelphia
Things to Do and See Near Market East
- Valley Forge National Historical Park
- Independence Hall
- Philadelphia Museum of Art
- Philadelphia City Hall
- Academy of Natural Sciences of Drexel University
- Boathouse Row
- Franklin Institute
- Eastern State Penitentiary
- Franklin Field
- Temple University