Named for the site where pioneer William Penn landed in Pennsylvania, Penn's Landing is home to numerous historical venues and festivals. Dive into history at Independence Seaport Museum, then come up for a bite or a drink at Moshulu, a floating bar and restaurant. No matter the season, Penn's Landing hosts dozens of free concerts, movie screenings, food festivals, and cultural celebrations. Check the Delaware River Waterfront Corporation's website before your visit to see what's happening.
Getting Around Philadelphia
The best way to get around Philadelphia is by walking. The city's extensive bus, trolley, subway and train system is useful for cross-town adventures. An $11 day pass makes the most sense for visitors.
- Philadelphia International Airport-PHL
- $28.50-flat rate to Central Philadelphia
Things to Do and See Near Northeast
- Citizens Bank Park
- Eastern State Penitentiary
- Barnes Foundation
- University of Pennsylvania
- Christ Church
- Boathouse Row
- Fairmount Park
- Cathedral Basilica of Sts. Peter and Paul
- Independence National Historical Park
- Independence Hall