Port Richmond serves up some of the most authentic Polish food this side of the Atlantic. The area's Eastern European community throngs local Polish, Russian and Lithuanian restaurants and delis. Krakus Market is famous for its selection of meats and pierogis, while Syrenka Luncheonette dishes out homemade Polish cuisine cafeteria-style. If you're lucky, you might catch the Polish American String band rehearsing for the Mummers Parade.
Getting Around Philadelphia
The best way to get around Philadelphia is by walking. The city's extensive bus, trolley, subway and train system is useful for cross-town adventures. An $11 day pass makes the most sense for visitors.
- Philadelphia International Airport-PHL
- $28.50-flat rate to Central Philadelphia
Things to Do and See Near Richmond
- Citizens Bank Park
- Eastern State Penitentiary
- Barnes Foundation
- University of Pennsylvania
- Christ Church
- Boathouse Row
- Fairmount Park
- Cathedral Basilica of Sts. Peter and Paul
- Independence National Historical Park
- Independence Hall