Walnut and Spruce Hill are easygoing, neighborly districts west of University City where most people get around by bike or foot. Check out the 4400 block of Spruce Street for tasty bites like Honest Tom's tacos, Tampopo Ramen and community hub Local 44 bar. Nearby Clark Park hosts a popular farmer's market on Saturday mornings as well as Shakespeare in the evenings during Summer. Pop into the Green Line Cafe for an organic, fair trade coffee before you hop on the Green Line trolley.
Getting Around Philadelphia
The best way to get around Philadelphia is by walking. The city's extensive bus, trolley, subway and train system is useful for cross-town adventures. An $11 day pass makes the most sense for visitors.
- Philadelphia International Airport-PHL
- $28.50-flat rate to Central Philadelphia
Things to Do and See Near Spruce Hill
- Citizens Bank Park
- Eastern State Penitentiary
- Barnes Foundation
- University of Pennsylvania
- Christ Church
- Boathouse Row
- Fairmount Park
- Cathedral Basilica of Sts. Peter and Paul
- Independence National Historical Park
- Independence Hall