Lovingly known as the "gayborhood," Washington Square West is home to the busiest clubs and nightlife in the city, including GLBT-friendly venues. Piano bar and dance club Tavern on Camac is a popular spot for a singing old standards and show tunes, while Woody's club plays current dance hits. Check out Antique Row for furniture, curios, and interior design options.
Getting Around Philadelphia
The best way to get around Philadelphia is by walking. The city's extensive bus, trolley, subway and train system is useful for cross-town adventures. An $11 day pass makes the most sense for visitors.
- Philadelphia International Airport-PHL
- $28.50-flat rate to Central Philadelphia
Things to Do and See Near Washington Square West
- Citizens Bank Park
- Barnes Foundation
- University of Pennsylvania
- Cathedral Basilica of Sts. Peter and Paul
- Independence National Historical Park
- Independence Hall
- Wells Fargo Center
- Philadelphia Museum of Art
- Lincoln Financial Field
- Philadelphia City Hall