Yes, they've heard all the Portlandia jokes, but Portland stands by its quirks, indie bookstores, Alberta Arts District circus performers, reclaimed Rebuilding Center decor, Downtown farmers markets, and organic food carts, even after tastings of local gin on Distillery Row.
Getting Around Portland
The best way to get around Portland is by using public transportation and walking. Portland's public transit TriMet buses and light-rail trains are accessible and efficient. You can hop on the light-rail from the Portland International Airport (PDX) and get into the city for $2.50, which is much cheaper than cab fare. Day passes work on all forms of Portland public transit and begin at $5 for adults.
- Portland International Aiport-PDX
Things to Do and See in Portland
- Portland State University
- University of Portland
- Oaks Bottom Wildlife Refuge
- Portland City Hall
- Rose Garden
- Portland International Airport
- Veterans Memorial Coliseum
- Cooper Mountain Nature Park
- Jamison Square
- Rice Northwest Museum of Rocks and Minerals