Multnomah Village is a historic village annexed by Portland in 1950. This quaint, family-friendly neighborhood is known for bookshops, toy stores, and Fat City Cafe, where quirky Mayor Bud Clark fired Police Chief Jim Davis over breakfast in 1987. Most of the action here happens during Multnomah Days, a giant street fair in August.
Getting Around Portland
The best way to get around Portland is by using public transportation and walking. Portland's public transit TriMet buses and light-rail trains are accessible and efficient. You can hop on the light-rail from the Portland International Airport (PDX) and get into the city for $2.50, which is much cheaper than cab fare. Day passes work on all forms of Portland public transit and begin at $5 for adults.
- Portland International Aiport-PDX
Things to Do and See Near Hillsdale
- Portland State University
- University of Portland
- Oaks Bottom Wildlife Refuge
- Portland City Hall
- Rose Garden
- Portland International Airport
- Veterans Memorial Coliseum
- Cooper Mountain Nature Park
- Jamison Square
- Rice Northwest Museum of Rocks and Minerals