The Hollywood district is named for its historic 1920s Hollywood Theatre, where you can catch a local or independent film. Otherwise, this family-friendly neighborhood consists mostly of shops, apartment buildings, and Portland bungalows.
Getting Around Portland
The best way to get around Portland is by using public transportation and walking. Portland's public transit TriMet buses and light-rail trains are accessible and efficient. You can hop on the light-rail from the Portland International Airport (PDX) and get into the city for $2.50, which is much cheaper than cab fare. Day passes work on all forms of Portland public transit and begin at $5 for adults.
- Portland International Aiport-PDX
Things to Do and See Near Hollywood
- Portland State University
- University of Portland
- Oaks Bottom Wildlife Refuge
- Portland City Hall
- Rose Garden
- Portland International Airport
- Veterans Memorial Coliseum
- Cooper Mountain Nature Park
- Jamison Square
- Rice Northwest Museum of Rocks and Minerals