Join the company that has been named:
- 50 Coolest Websites, TIME Magazine
- 50 Best Smartphone Apps, TIME Magazine
- Best Websites of 2011, Travel + Leisure
- Top 10 Most Useful Websites, Budget Travel
- Best Booking Website, Inc. Magazine
If you're interested in any of our positions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Engineer | San Francisco, CA
We are looking for a well-rounded engineer to join us at Hipmunk. We have a close-knit team, and lots of work to do! There is a lot of room between the company we are now and the company we want to be.
We have lots of products to build, many improvements to make to our infrastructure, and lots of data to dig through. You could be responsible for developing new features-- frontend or backend (or both!), implementing airline, hotel, and other partners' "APIs," or sys-admining. Generally, you should be competent at all things technical.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or equivalent.
- Have built non-trivial applications.
- Good taste. You don't have to be a designer, but you should take pride in your work.
- Know your way around a unix shell.
- Willing to work in San Francisco.
- Startup experience.
- Contribute to open source.
- Functional programming experience.
iOS Engineer | San Francisco, CA
We're looking for a talented and experienced mobile engineer. Our mobile team is small: only two people do all the development, design, and maintenance of both our Android and iOS apps. We want you to join this team!
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or equivalent
- Have built non-trivial iOS apps, or incredibly compelling mobile sites
- Strong C programming skills. You shouldn't be afraid of pointers.
- Good taste. You don't have to be a designer, but you should take pride in your work
- Startup experience
- Contributions to open-source projects
- Know your way around a shell
Designer | San Francisco, CA
We're looking for someone who's great at designing beautiful and usable user interfaces, as well as doing great creative executions. You should have a strong attention to detail—the sort of person who notices when the fonts don't match on different pages on a website, or when something's a pixel out of alignment. You'll be one of the first designers at Hipmunk, a company that made its name on incredible user experience.
If you're a freelancer, please only apply if you're interested in becoming full-time.
- Turning conceptual feature descriptions or rough sketches into beautiful products
- Delivering creative to our marketing team: newsletters, ads, promotional pages, and more
- Designing web and mobile sites, apps, features, landing pages, and more
- Delivering deploy-ready icons for our site, logos, images, backgrounds, headers, footers, and other collateral
- A degree in design
- 3-6 years experience as a web and/or mobile designer
- A strong portfolio with at least 3 significantly different website or mobile apps you've designed
- HTML and CSS skills a plus (we won't ask you to use them, but it's good if you know what's easy to build and not)
Visual Designer | San Francisco, CA
We're looking for an experienced, consumer-oriented, visual, graphic designer to join our Marketing team. Sound like a job for you? Terrific! You'll work on our Marketing team and assist us in creating the visual elements to drive an awesome brand. If you love creating fun, consumer-oriented graphics and thrive in an early stage, fast-paced, start-up environment, this could be a great opportunity.
- Graphic design to support email templates and email content
- Graphic design to support social media posts, social banners, contests, etc.
- Creating graphic designs for online advertising campaigns including: display ads, mobile ads, and possibly video ads
- Graphic design for landing pages for ad campaigns
- Infographics to support our PR efforts
- Design for marketing collateral like stickers, t-shirts and other swag
- Designs for offline advertising such as billboards (in the future)
- Some work in interaction design to help our product designers (but it's not the main focus of this position)
- Developing visual brand guidelines and ensuring quality and consistency of our logo and brand assets
Here's where we describe you. You have experience creating consumer-oriented designs and a great portfolio to back it up. You have prior consumer ad creation experience. This is an absolute must. You are creative, deadline driven, open to feedback, a master of juggling multiple priorities and love creating a strong consumer brand. Because you'll be communicating with the team when creating designs, you need to have great verbal and written communication skills. Plus, we hope you enjoy hanging out with fun people and munching on free lunch and snacks.
- 2-5+ years of consumer graphic design experience
- Bachelor's degree in Graphic Design or similar field
- Relevant experience creating online ads for a consumer brand (prior ad experience is a firm requirement)
- Advanced knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite, Illustrator and Photoshop
- Skill in email and web landing page design
- Excellent graphic design and project management skill to ensure assignments are completed professionally and promptly
- Passion to make easy, fun and approachable brand
- Great creativity, with an illustrative style that works well with the Hipmunk brand
- Consumer design portfolio
- Knowledge of HTML is a nice to have, but not a firm requirement
Live Chat Operator | San Francisco
Hipmunk is looking to expand our live chat support team.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Humility, patience, persistence, passion, endurance, positive attitude, and good humor.
- Travel geek – passion for travel and knowledge to match.
- Super user – willingness to learn and apply a technical understanding of Hipmunk, flight search language, and all things travel.
- Problem solver – high attention to detail with a personalized touch.
- Attitude – make your love of travel, tech, and Hipmunk contagious.
- Chat with users in a kind and respectful manner, build itineraries, find and report bugs, QA new products, and share helpful travel tips.
- Duties as assigned.
- Benefits including health, dental, and vision insurance.
- Yearly allowance for personal travel.
- Daily catered lunch. Also, we cover any other meal you happen to be around for.
- Employee credit card.
We are a small team in San Francisco doing our best to take agony out of travel search. Our website, iOS apps, Android app, and hipmunk are all beloved by our users.
We are located at 434 Brannan St., San Francisco, CA, 94107.
Hipmunk was founded in 2010 by Steve Huffman, co-founder of reddit.com, and Adam Goldstein, founder of Booktour.com and O'Reilly's youngest published author, with the aim of making online travel search less painful.
Hipmunk has funding from Ignition Partners, Institutional Venture Partners, Y Combinator, SV Angel, Webb Investment Network, Erik Blachford, Simon Breakwell, Rob Glaser, Jim Hornthal, Rich Barton, Paul Buchheit, Ashton Kutcher, Raymond Tonsing, Matt Mullenweg, Sam Altman, Geoff Ralston, Sizhao Yang, Amitt Mahajan, and Gabor Cselle.
If you're interested in any of our positions email@example.com.