If you're on the hunt for cheap airline tickets to exciting destinations throughout Europe, Africa, Asia, and the Americas, you'll want to check out Turkish Airlines. This airline is Turkey's flagship carrier and is among the world's five largest carriers. Its superior service, delicious food, and fun entertainment have earned it several awards, including "Best Airline in Europe in 2012", "Best Food Economy Class", and "Airline of the Year in 2013". If you're looking for a great deal paired with a great experience, Turkish Airlines is your ticket.
Seating Options: Pick Your Style
Turkish Airlines offers three separate classes of seating options and services: Economy Class, Comfort Class, and Business Class. But no matter which one you choose, the award-winning service is impressive.
- In the Economy Class, seats offer greatest comfort, as noted in their award, "Best Premium Economy Seats". You'll enjoy a reclining seat, ample leg room with foot rest, a backwards pitch of 31 to 32 inches, and more.
- In the Comfort Class, seats are even more spacious with an extended pitch of 46 inches, width of 19.5 inches, power sockets, meal tables, and more. Each Comfort Class seat includes its own personal 10.6 inch monitor.
- In the Business Class, expect only the top-of-the-line. You'll be greeted with exotic champagnes and orange juice as you relax in a superior reclining seat. Convert these seats into beds and enjoy extra features, such as a massage, in addition to the amenities of Comfort Class seating.
In-Flight Meal Options
Unlike competitor airlines, Turkish Airlines strives to go beyond traditional aircraft meals and offer a restaurant-like experience for their passengers. This means offering a rich variety of foods from a diverse cuisine menu designed for their extended flights. On international flights, you can choose between three hot meals. Other menu items include fresh vegetables, salads, and sandwiches.
For those with special dietary needs, including people with religious beliefs, health related disease, and eating habits (such as vegetarianism), you can arrange special meal orders with the airline at any point up to 24 hours before departure time.
On international flights, Turkish Airlines provides special Planet digital systems and touch-screens for your in-flight entertainment. Depending on which aircraft you fly on, you may choose your desired programs either by touch-screen or by using an attached remote control. With an astounding collection of over 300 movies and television shows, more than 600 music albums, plus games, you'll have more than enough entertainment to keep you engaged on a long flight to your desired destination.
With in-flight connectivity, you'll also be able to send and receive e-mails and text messages, allowing you to stay on top of all your business affairs. You can even connect your personal USB devices to your seat's individual screen on some select aircrafts.
Turkish Airlines, as of May 2014, flies to an astounding 251 destinations across 105 countries around the world. Three of the most popular international flights include:
- New York to Istanbul (JFK to IST)
- Chicago to Istanbul (ORD to IST)
- Los Angles to Istanbul (LAX to IST)
Frequent Flyers and Customer Rewards Programs
If you're a frequent flyer, then this premier international airline has two excellent programs for you to take advantage of:
- Miles and Smiles. With this frequent flyer program, you're rewarded for flying with either Turkish Airlines or one of its alliance partners. You'll earn bonus miles for the type of class you travel, how many miles you fly, using partnered rental car companies, staying at affiliated hotels, and so much more. These earned bonus miles can then be used on anything from airline tickets, to hotel stays, to a number of other flexible travel opportunities.
- Corporate Club. Despite the name, you don't have to be a business traveler to enjoy enrollment in this club. But corporate companies do get special amenities like penalty waivers, free tickets, and more. Individuals of the Corporate Club receive priority check-in, extra luggage allowances, and other attractive amenities that will make your travel a touch more carefree.
A lot of people travel with their pets, and Turkish Airlines has made the hassle a bit more easier with pet allowances in both the cargo and cabin area. However, you should expect to pay a nominal fee according to your pet's weight. Sport enthusiasts will appreciate a free allowance for one set of sporting equipment.