Today is a big ‘Munk moment: Concur’s acquisition of Hipmunk is complete.
In the six years since Steve and I started Hipmunk there have been many ‘Munk moments. All had one goal in mind: to take the agony out of planning and booking travel.
Since the beginning, we’ve recognized that the people who have the most agony when traveling are the people who travel the most. And that’s why I’m so excited about working with Concur—because they’ve made a priority of helping frequent travelers in every facet of their journey, from tracking expenses to managing itineraries.
Any time a company gets acquired, there are always concerns about what it means for the company and product. Here are some things to know:
- Hipmunk isn’t going anywhere
- We’re still going to be free to use, for leisure and business travelers
- We’re going to continue to innovate in all our products, including flights and hotels
- The Hipmunk team is staying together in San Francisco
- We’re hiring
If you still want to read more about Hipmunk’s acquisition, you can read Concur’s full announcement here.
Adam J. Goldstein
You can find me on twitter @adamjgoldstein
Latest posts by Adam Goldstein (see all)
- Adam Announces His Farewell - November 7, 2018
- Hipmunk’s Been Hard at Work for Business Travelers - September 7, 2017
- Concur Acquires Hipmunk— A Note From CEO and Co-Founder, Adam Goldstein - October 3, 2016