Latest posts by thehipmunk (see all)
- How to Avoid Long TSA Lines This Summer - May 27, 2016
- What Is Travel Insurance, and Do I Really Need It? - May 26, 2016
- The World’s Best Bastille Day Celebrations - May 25, 2016
The holidays mark one of the busiest times to travel. Most people are traveling to visit their friends and family, and want to get there as quickly as possible! In a recent Hipmunk user survey, we learned some interesting things around how people travel, and what they think traveling should be like during the holidays. Here’s what we discovered:
- 18% of respondents admitted to traveling to AVOID family during the holidays. Instead of visiting Mom and Dad, they may have booked a ticket for an exotic vacation!
- Non-millennials were 32% more likely to travel to avoid seeing family than millennials. Basically, the younger generation isn’t as eager to avoid their families as non-millennials (at least not yet!)
- 68% said they would like to fly on a special “Holiday flight.” That’s a flight that serves free hot cocoa, spiked eggnog, and warm apple cider, along with freshly baked gingerbread cookies, while playing classic holiday movies for in-flight entertainment. Millennials were 33% more likely to prefer this than non-millennials.