Latest posts by thehipmunk (see all)
- Here’s What You Need to Know About Traveling and Zika - May 3, 2016
- Stay Safe Abroad By Avoiding These Common Travel Scams - May 2, 2016
- Last-Minute Memorial Day Destinations - April 29, 2016
This is a Hipmunk post from Jodi Ettenberg of Legal Nomads.
After coming back from Vietnam, I was still craving some of the delicious eats from my months in the country. While visiting Chicago, friends and I went to Pho 888, a small BYOB restaurant near Argyle stop. Recommended! It was a meal full of nostalgia for me, and for new tastes for them.
What to order:
Their pho was good but branching out is better! In the photo below, clockwise:
1) Bo la lot (beef wrapped in betel nut leaves).
2) Banh xeo ( a sizzling crispy pancake with pork and shrimp)
3) Chao tom (sugar cane shrimp)
4) Banh cuon (steamed rice crepes with wood ear mushrooms and pork)
Definitely worth a try!
1137 W Argyle St
Chicago, IL 60640